Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

DOWN FOR THE COUNT!



And there it is.  I had a feeling this would eventuate . I was certain he was coming down with something.
The tonsils have flared and the temperatures are raging.  We are keeping them down, but when he is sick.... Look out world!  This boy has the ability to be really unwell with boundless energy.  For example right now....he has a high temperature but is roller-skating around the house in his undies. Great look!  He then wears himself out after a few minutes and has to rest.

So, it looks like our family, is in for some temperamental times this week!  Not to worry though. We are all prepared.... and ready for action!  Just hatched a new brew of coffee, we have puzzles, books, Wii games, Panadol and lots of cuddles ready to deploy.

Will check in later......



It's now past 4pm. Youngest is in full swing. Temps are still high. 
All we get at this stage is usually squealing all day long which hurts and irritates his throat accompanied by lots of head banging.  I would say his head would be hurting by now too! The permanent lump, on his forehead is twice the size it normally is - red and bruised. He is tired and extremely cranky. His behaviour off-sets his brother, making them both feel frustrated.
I have just separated them. The youngest is lying on the bed in my room...in the air-conditioning. I am hoping he will fall asleep. He hasn't eaten but is taking water. Will help with all the Panadol. I usually just lie next to him gently stroking his arms and legs. A sensory stimulation that helps to calm him. Who knows?   I may not be in for a rough night... think I will try and stay optimistic!


9.25pm  Well he's awake... so much for being optimistic!  Fevers still high. Bit happier though.


No comments: