Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time to Shine.....

Time to shine.....

"If life really begins at 40, maybe it's because that's when a women finally gets it... you know, the courage and determination to take back their lives. Seize the day! Glorify a new season of womanhood! It's her time and the time is right for a little self-indulgence. Along with this notion is a beautiful, liberating, life-changing lesson.... you just don't get when you're 28, but, at 40, you see with crystal clarity! " 

(extract from 40 something Blog)

I guess when the actual day arrived, I did not awaken with a over-whelming sense of "womanhood". I didn't feel upset either...something else I have been told I would go through. It hasn't affected me any real way other than the excuse I use every year when addressing my children.... "You have to...it's my birthday! "

When people ask me, what I did ? or how I chose to glorify the 4-0's ?, I guess years ago, I would have had bigger plans. A party or a dinner, like I had for my 30th. My 40th intentions were actually a trip somewhere...not in Australia. I would have loved to just escape for 3/4 days... just somewhere....anywhere.... to stop life from spinning. I'm not saying that I won't still do this....who knows. 

Maybe it doesn't matter what age you actually are, how you choose to celebrate the day you where born, parties/girl's nights or drinking yourself in a state of denial. I guess how each of us handles this "mile-stone" is a personal journey. 
 For me..... I believe, it is a time in our lives involving good conversation, laughter, happiness, spending actual "quality time" with friends and family making fond memories. That is what I am really content with at this stage. Funny how time can change our perceptions. 
We cannot predict how we react or feel when we turn "the big 4-0" BUT I guess if I was asked to share my thoughts, it would be to; 
"take it in your stride." Enjoy the time with family and friends and appreciate all that you have achieved and required so far. Take the time reminisce, relax and laugh. Look at old photos and share some memories with your family. It makes you feel good and that is what celebrating change is all about. 

To my family and friends thank-you for your kind words.
To Jess, you make an amazing chocolate cake.....





No comments: