Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tonsil Update




Time for a Tonsil Update.

It's day 4.... so as you can imagine I am a little unhinged by now.
We have been to the G.P for a "let's wait 24hrs and see what happens" verdict.
I'm actually down with that advice, as I am not a fan of over-using antibiotics. It doesn't exactly boost your immune system.  
So 24 hours later and it is like I am living with Darth Vader.
My son's tonsils are now even more inflamed, he is more uncomfortable and is struggling to eat or swallow water. We are heading back to the doctors this afternoon to get our medicine.
He is sleeping for 2-3 hours at night. Is quiet irritable and pale. He's just sick.  Poor kid!
When I can get him to sit down, he just needs hugs and attention. But as he has recently taken to learning roller skating, it is hard to pin him in one spot.  Yes we are still roller skating up and down on the tiles in our house, wearing just bonds undies.
The heat isn't helping either. I think even if he was not sick, he would have been at home. There is no way he copes with anything over 30 degrees. He is just so hot all the time. His body senses are extreme in this type of weather. Today we have been told the temps will reach 35 degrees. Even though our school has air-conditioning in the classrooms, it still affects the smaller children. I pity all those little kids who don't have cooler classrooms. My mind boggles how children can they be expected to learn in these types of conditions.  So for now... I am trying to get my son to just stop skating and rest.  He constantly needs intellectual stimulation, being stuck at home with Mum, is just boring. It is kind of like I need to run a 24/7 mind challenge for him. I think for today I will just try and get him accustomed to eating ice-blocks. He won't eat or even lick anything cold or frozen. It would give him such relief and be a real benefit when those dang tonsils do come out.  

Anyway... will get to the doctors and hopefully within 24 hours he will have improved enough to get some sleep and maybe, maybe, go back to school...Yipee! 
Love my boy, but love him more on Mondays through to Fridays or when he is asleep!


No comments: