Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's a Date!

It's A Date..... with an E.N.T that is!

Well it's a go!  The D-Day for my son's Tonsils and Adenoids is Monday 9th of May.
Apparently that are "huge!" .... duh!  hence all the infections.

A 6.00am morning start, due to the fasting.... (I'm rotten with no coffee at that time of the morning, so luckily North West at McDowall have a cappuccino machine), and he will have a private room for a few nights.  I will be staying, while friends are helping out with my eldest. 
I think the most unnerving part about the whole operation is the post-operative care.
There is a chance the throat could rupture and bleed, especially if my youngest decides to squeal or bang his head. We will need to keep a watch for 10-14 days for this and then of course the whole eating thing. My youngest has a sensitive diet now.... so I can just imagine what I am in store for.  He won't eat anything frozen or cold, but drinks cold water. The only "soft" food he eats is mashed vegetables and bread.... no jelly....no dairy...no scrambled eggs but will tackle French toast.
When I voiced my concerns to the Ear Nose and Throat surgeon he immediately responded with an answer, which only reinforced my decision in choosing his services.  He understood where I was coming from, but said...." usually if we pre-empt issues then we will have them.  I recommend we just wait and see what happens. He might surprise us!  He might be OK and heal quickly afterwards."    

Well that was a huge relief.  But then, the words I wasn't keen to hear..... 
"He will need a few weeks off school and basically we need to try and keep him "quiet" for the first week, not much activity!"

Dang!  
I'm going to need a lot of wine!  



Donations would be gratefully accepted.

No comments: