Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Worthy Cause....






I told my son this morning we were entering an International Woman's Day Fun/ Run/Walk.
I can't exactly write down what he had said in response.... but after some more detail... he could see the benefit of participating. Residing in Brisbane and seeing the recent disaster that has affected our city, $1.00 from every entry is being  donated to the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal.  This is another great reason to enter such an event.
Not only will we be supporting a wonderful cause such as "Chicksinpink" - who raise funds to support breast cancer care and research at the Mater Hospital, but we'll also doing our part to help the Brisbane Flood Relief Effort.


I think that if I am trying to promote Autism Advocacy.... then in turn we must do our part to support other causes that affect our community.  "You can't just talk the talk... you must also rise up and walk the walk."




http://www.everydayhero.com.au/event/womens-day-fun-run-2011
http://www.chicksinpink.com/

1 comment:

tracey said...

Can Court and I join you? x