Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dang the Night Parties!





Perfect example of the dreaded Night Parties.....

It is now 2.50am in the morning....my youngest is wide awake.

He fell asleep on the lounge around 5pm yesterday afternoon. He has been so tired from school. I had tried to wake him at several stages through the early night, but he just wouldn't open his eyes. So hoping I would get a few hours of sleep in, I went to bed at around 11pm. 

This is when life starts to challenge.... nights like this. I have been doing night parties with my youngest, since he was a baby. The term is one I had heard when my son attended Autism Queensland for a year. All of the six kids in the group....did "Night Parties!"

Unfortunately these kids just get their days and nights confused. We have tried so many things to help break the pattern; lavender, massage, warm baths, even a "Melatonin" tonic I had made, through a Naturopath. But for my son, these methods are not as effective as a full day of exercise. I basically have to wear him out!

Now normally, this wouldn't be such a big issue for me, however tomorrow or rather today, my older son is having a party for his birthday. I was so proud of him. I gave the choice...party/present and he chose a party with his friends. So I have 15 kids coming to the local pool/water park for a full day of swimming and mischief. Yippee! Do you think I will have to be on my guard with 12 year olds?.....hmmmmmm!  Let's think about that shall we!
Anyway....I guess it is times like this when, you just try to do the best you can do.... with a mountain of coffee! 



I've just looked over at my boy....sitting on the lounge watching "Thomas the Tank Engine", eating toast.....I hope I can get another hour in at some stage this morning.

I think I need to source a quote or seek reflection to get me through!

3.20am
Ok, that took longer than what I thought.....think I may have fallen asleep on the laptop for a minute!


"They joys of motherhood are never fully experienced until the children are in bed."
- Author Unknown.


UPDATE:

Now....5.18am and still going strong. Looks like I won't be going back to bed!







No comments: