Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

THE MORNING AFTER.....

THE MORNING AFTER....

THERE IS AN OBVIOUS REASON WHY THEY SAY YOU SHOULDN'T DRINK YOUR WORRIES AWAY....

BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL THERE  THE MORNING AFTER!

So.... what to do..... I had organised a Hearing Test and needed to get my son to the hospital by 8.30am. I couldn't sleep anyway.... so I sat in the early hours of the morning reading everything I could on Toe-Walking..... feeling like there was a Jack-hammer going off in my head. As I slowly drank my extra strong coffee..... I had to take a moment.
I didn't feel like crying, I didn't feel like giving in.... but I certainly didn't know where to start... it was like limbo!
I know I am certainly not the woman I was all those years ago, shell-shocked and left devastated by news that my child was Autistic.
She is long gone!
But I certainly wasn't feeling confident, positive or inspired by what I needed to do. 
I guess I just needed some time. Time to get my head around all the information I was given at yesterday's appointment and more Vitamin B - to get rid of this annoying hangover.

I don't have time to be tired, drained, or for self-pity. I knew I couldn't wait around for help. I didn't want comments of so-called support/ pity...."understanding my situation" to make me feel better. I actually didn't want to talk to anyone about it or get opinions .... all I wanted was to get this train out of the station.... and on the rehabilitation track fast..... and I needed to start today.











No comments: