Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2011

OH..... WHO GIVES A.....

OH..... WHO GIVES A.....


Have you ever reached a point in time... or a moment in the day.... when faced with yet another wave of stress and tension.... where you just stop and think to yourself....
Oh Dang it!.... who gives a ..... !

I am at this point today.
I am refusing to give any more energy or attention to the looming mountains that lay before me. I am not saying that I am defeated..... oh no, no, no ! ... I am way too head strong and stubborn to admit defeat.  But what I am saying is that sometimes, you just need to stop. To stop feeding the emotions boiling inside of you, stop thinking.... stop that vivid imagination that is fuelling your inability to sleep. Tune out of the children arguing in the background, adopt a less caring attitude towards the housework.... (it doesn't have to be done),  heck make the kids toast for dinner.... who cares.... no one is going to report you to the "unsatisfactory dinner police" are they?  Don't let the looming bills bring you down or let the unwanted phone calls create more headaches to deal with. Do whatever you need to do to take some pressure of your mind and body. Don't vent, don't think, don't feel, don't react, don't do anything.... just be.

It is possible.... because tonight as I tune out to the happenings of our household, the televisions are off, the children are asleep, there is music playing in the background, slowly sipping on a small glass of vino... I watch the flames in our outdoor 
fire-pit. 

There is peace, there is calm and my mind is clear and unburdened.
I know it isn't for very long... but at least tonight I can relax!

Be at peace.



No comments: